I'm Ed Miles.
In one form or another, I have been writing professionally for most of my adult life.
• First publication for AmazonCrossing: Jonas Winner’s “Berlin Gothic,” 2013
• First book-length translation: Gerda’s Silence, 2007
• Language Trainer and Coach for various language schools in and around Cologne, Germany
• Based in Cologne since 2000.
• First translated screenplay: “Good Bye Lenin” for Miramax, 1999
• Writer, Script Consultant and Translator for Screenplays in Los Angeles, USA
• Teacher Fiction Writing, Essay and Business Writing, Edith Cowan University, Australia, and University of Oregon, USA
• Shortlisted for Australian/Vogel Award, Australia, 1996
• Fiction Editor, “Northwest Review”, University of Oregon, USA
• MFA Fiction Writing, University of Oregon, USA
• English Teacher in Australia and Japan
• BA, Communication and Cultural Studies, Curtin University, Perth,
• BA Hons, Short Story Honours Thesis, Curtin University, Perth, Australia